Employee Handbook Lawyer in Oak Brook
Being an employer is a responsibility and providing clear work expectations is key to a good relationship with employees. This is where an employee handbook is essential. They also help employers be compliant to avoid conflicts with employees. Employee handbooks are also a great compliment to employment agreements.
An Employee Handbook is a comprehensive guide that outlines a company’s policies, procedures, mission, and values. It is a valuable resource for both employers and employees that provides a structured framework that fosters a positive workplace environment and facilitates internal communication. As your company expands, it is crucial to have a well-drafted employee handbook because having a consistent set of guidelines becomes essential in maintaining the efficiency, transparency, and legal compliance of a company.
At Motiva Business Law, we help companies of all sizes navigate employment compliance issues, legal intricacies, employment contracts, contract drafting, and reviewing so you can focus on growing your business. A successful business relies on multiple legal, financial, and operational expertise, and you should only trust an experienced legal professional to ensure that your business complies with all applicable federal and state laws. At Motiva Business Law, we provide top-notch legal services to employers to ensure their businesses grow with minimized legal risks. Contact us to schedule a consultation.
Motiva Business Law Offers
How Can An Employee handbook protect my business
Illinois employment law is very employee-friendly so employers need to know what their duties are. If an employer violates the rights of an employee, there can be serious consequences such as fines, for the employer. In addition, employment handbooks are also practical because everyone knows what is expected of them.
Our business lawyers will guide you in creating an employee handbook and be compliant with the following steps:
- Making sure your pay structure is compliant so employees cannot successfully sue you for wage theft.
- Making sure your paid time off policies follow the law.
- Guiding you around having the right procedures for hiring and firing to avoid claims of discrimination.
- Making sure your business is providing any required benefits to employees such as health insurance or other rights.
- Having clear expectations around time off and key performance indicators.
- If applicable, signing a non-compete agreement or confidentiality clause.
How our Employee Handbook Services Work
- Schedule a consultation where we will learn about your business structure and relationship with your employees.
- Once you decide to hire us, our Firm will review existing contracts and employee policies.
- We will draft up your employee handbook, review it with you, and make sure your business is compliant with employment law.
Need Help With A Business Law Matter?
What Our Clients Say
Employee Handbook FAQ
You do not need one, but as your business grows and you hire more employees, employee handbooks are more efficient for setting company policy. Also, because they are not always considered contracts, you can change them unilaterally.
You can write it yourself, but it can be time-consuming to research all of the related laws from scratch and can distract you from your business. Also, if you put terms that are incorrect or illegal, the handbook can be used against you and your business in a lawsuit.