Lawyer Working With Tech Firms in DuPage County and Cook County
The technology field is booming, and there are many opportunities available for entrepreneurs. Technology businesses can find success by offering a wide variety of innovative products and services, but business owners and shareholders will need to be ready to address a variety of legal issues. To ensure that your technology business is prepared to face these legal challenges, you will want to work with an experienced business law attorney.
Shakfeh Law LLC offers dedicated legal help to technology businesses such as:
- Software developers
- Online marketing firms
- Website developers
- Telecommunications companies
- E-commerce providers
- Biotech firms
- Computer and electronics manufacturers
We can help you make the right decisions that will allow your company to thrive. As a business owner with more than 10 years of legal experience, Attorney Danya Shakfeh has worked with many different types of businesses, and she can help you understand the legal issues that affect your company and the best steps you can take to ensure your ongoing success.
Legal Matters Affecting Tech Companies
Due to the constantly-shifting nature of technology, businesses in this field need to be prepared to act quickly to take advantage of new opportunities or address any challenges that may arise. With a dedicated business lawyer acting as your general counsel, you can maintain an understanding of your company’s needs, prepare for growth, and be ready to address any issues that may affect your bottom line. At Shakfeh Law LLC, we can assist your company with:
- Corporate formation – The selection of the right business structure is crucial to address the taxes paid by a company or its owners and shareholders, while also protecting owners from personal liability. Entity selection can also play a role in securing funding for the company and selling shares of stock to investors.
- Mergers and acquisitions – In the fast-moving technology field, it is common for one company to acquire another or for two or more companies to merge. We can ensure that the proper steps are followed in these situations, including performing due diligence and addressing corporate governance for the newly-combined companies.
- Business disputes – We can help address disagreements between business partners, and if necessary, we can help complete a “business divorce” and ensure the correct processes are followed to buy out the shares or interest of a partner who leaves the company. We can also provide representation in business litigation involving breach of contract or other types of disputes, including cases involving violations of your intellectual property rights.
- Contract drafting, negotiation, and review – The contracts you create when operating a technology business can be crucial for protecting your business interests and intellectual property. We can assist in drafting and negotiating vendor contracts, licensing agreements, terms of service and user agreements, and consulting agreements. To ensure that your company’s rights are protected, these contracts may need to include terms such as non-disclosure agreements or confidentiality clauses to ensure that all communication is kept private.
- Employment contracts and policies – Tech companies often need to address unique needs related to employees who work remotely, independent contractors, or temporary workers. We can assist in creating employment contracts, company policies, severance agreements, and other related documents that protect your business’s rights, including using non-disclosure and non-compete agreements to protect your company’s trade secrets and intellectual property.
Contact Our Burr Ridge Technology Business Lawyer
You will face unique challenges as the owner of a tech company, and you will need to work with an attorney who is experienced in addressing these concerns. Attorney Danya Shakfeh is ready to work with you to build a strategy for success. To learn more about how we can assist with your business’s legal needs, contact us or call us at 630-517-5529. We represent business owners throughout Cook County and DuPage County, including Elmhurst, Chicago, Downers Grove, Lombard, Hinsdale, Willowbrook, Oak Brook, Villa Park, and Burr Ridge.