Business Acquisition Lawyer
Chicago Business Acquisition Attorney
Mergers and acquisitions are significant growth opportunities that require acute attention from the initial negotiation to closing. Buying or selling a business can be a complex process that demands following specific procedures to be a worthy investment.
At Motiva Business Law, we will handle your business transaction so you benefit from a smooth and quick transition. We will help you draft a letter of intent, conduct due diligence, and handle the purchase agreements and legal documents that are essential to protect your investment.
With over 12 years of experience in M&A law, our acquisition lawyers counsel Chicago business owners on a wide range of business transactions, such as buyouts, mergers, spinoffs, joint ventures, strategic alliances, takeovers, and cross-border transactions. We handle matters for businesses from various industries, including technology, hospitality, professional services, consulting, manufacturing, construction, business services, and transportation.
Motiva Business Law Offers
Legal Assistance Throughout the Business AcquistioN
A successful business transition requires multiple legal, financial, and tax implications, and you should only trust an experienced business acquisition lawyer to structure your M&A deal. We will ensure that your business objectives are aligned with the purchase and that all the risks associated with the purchase are addressed.
Our business acquisition attorneys advise both sides of a business transaction to ensure they make decisions that work in their best interest. From creating a strategic framework, drafting the letter of intent, conducting due diligence, drafting contracts, and closing the deal, we pay close attention to each phase of the transaction.
Experience the Benefits of Working with Motiva Business Law
- Deal Structuring: our Mergers and Acquisitions attorneys will devise a strategy to conduct the transaction, adapt the framework to your convenience and business objectives, and coordinate a team of business brokers, financial advisors, or other agents to assist in the M&A deal. We will also work with your accountant to ensure you receive the best tax advantages.
- Letter of Intent: LOIs are essential for a business purchase, as they are the backbone of the deal. That’s why our team will ensure that the deal’s structure benefits you.
- Due Diligence: conducting due diligence ensures that the business you want to buy will be profitable. We will inspect the target company in-depth and look for any risks associated with your purchase. Additionally, our business lawyers will ensure that you will only move forward with the negotiation once you know exactly what you’re buying and the implications of the transaction.
- Contracts: our team will draft, review, and negotiate any contracts required to safeguard your investment. From confidentiality agreements to employment contracts or purchase agreements, we will add the exact provisions to mitigate potential risks or financial impact after the acquisition. Furthermore, if necessary, we will negotiate escrows or earn out agreements to ease the closing process.
- Corporate Governance: we will handle the necessary arrangements to restructure the new business entity and address the required procedures to determine the rights and responsibilities of the organization’s board of directors, owners, and shareholders.