Restaurant Lawyer for Small Businesses
Starting your own restaurant or hotel can be an exciting experience (but also a challenging one, too). You need to deal with the legal concerns of business formation, hiring employees, establishing the organizational structure of your restaurant, and getting your required licenses.
Fortunately, you don’t have to figure all of this out on your own. Our knowledgeable restaurant lawyers work with individuals within the hospitality industry to help them manage their commercial transactions and ensure that all of their operations run smoothly.
Our restaurant law firm counsels small businesses, national and regional food chains, food and beverage businesses, retail companies, family-owned businesses, chefs, and all kinds of restaurateurs and hoteliers to help them prepare for success.
Motiva Business Law’s hospitality attorneys will guide you through the start of your restaurant and help you in transactional matters, focused on expanding your business while implementing preventive measures to avoid potential legal issues.
Need Help With A Business Law Matter?
Restaurant law services
- Restaurant Setup: selecting your business entity is a decision that relies upon multiple factors. Along with your accountant, a restaurant attorney will help you decide if an LLC, corporation, or partnership is your best option and provide guidance on taxation issues. We will also help you register your business in Chicago with the Illinois Secretary of State and draft all the necessary documents to formally establish your business.
- Shareholder and Partnership Agreements: depending on the structure of your restaurant or hotel, you will need to have contracts that formally define the organization of your business. We can help you write, review, or negotiate LLC operating agreements, corporation bylaws, and shareholder agreements.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: our M&A attorneys will draft and review any contracts, conduct due diligence, and prepare all the documents and procedures that will help you have a smooth purchase. We also assist with other business transactions, such as joint ventures and mergers. From letters of intent to restaurant purchase and sale agreements, our restaurant M&A lawyer will ensure a smooth and easy business transaction.
- Restaurant Franchise Lawyer: our restaurant franchise attorneys will help you determine if buying a franchise is a sound and profitable investment. We will review the franchise disclosure agreement, explain your rights and responsibilities as a franchisee, and negotiate your terms, if necessary.
- Commercial Contracts: as a restaurant owner, you will rely heavily on beneficial business relationships with suppliers, distributors, and other business owners. We help you with a variety of contracts, including vendor and contractor agreements, import and export arrangements, management contracts, NDAs, supplier and distribution agreements, and consulting contracts. Additionally, our attorneys will negotiate your restaurant lease agreements so that you have the most advantageous deal regarding your real estate.