Attorney for Business Formation, Contracts, and Disputes in Elmhurst, Elk Grove Village, Villa Park and Bensenville
If you own and operate a business in the manufacturing industry, you will have a wide variety of requirements you will need to meet, including compliance with regulations, fulfillment of contractual agreements, and creation of employment policies. When addressing these and other legal concerns, you will need skilled legal counsel to ensure that you make the right decisions and are prepared to meet the challenges of the marketplace. By working with an experienced business law attorney, you can create a successful business strategy.
- Toys and games
- Food products
- Computers and electronics
- Automotive products
- Furniture and home products
Whether you have specific legal concerns you need to address or want to have a general counsel who can provide ongoing legal help to your business, Attorney Danya Shakfeh will work with you to meet your needs. With over 10 years of experience as a lawyer and business owner, she can help you plan for your business’s ongoing success.
Legal Concerns for Manufacturing Businesses
Manufacturers often need to deal with complex concerns, including working with domestic and international suppliers and distributors, protection of intellectual property, and staying on top of the latest technologies and regulations. We assist manufacturing businesses with legal matters such as:
- Business formation – When starting a manufacturing company, it is important to select the correct business entity and complete the requirements for establishing a structure for the company. This will ensure that you can benefit from the tax benefits of having a business and that owners or partners will not be personally liable for business debts or actions taken by other partners.
- Contract negotiation and review – Manufacturers will need to enter into a wide variety of domestic or international contractual agreements with other parties, including equipment suppliers, delivery companies, retailers, and consultants. We can help you draft and negotiate vendor contracts, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) agreements, and licensing agreements, and we can ensure that these contracts contain non-disclosure clauses and terms protecting your patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- Mergers and acquisitions – We can ensure that you meet all requirements when acquiring, being acquired by, or merging with another company, including performing due diligence, updating contracts, and determining how the new business will be structured.
- Employment contracts – In addition to drafting contracts that define your company’s relationship with your employees and contain the necessary non-compete agreements, we can ensure that you follow the proper procedures when hiring independent contractors or consultants. We can also ensure that your company policies and employee handbooks will meet your ongoing needs.
- Dispute resolution – If you become involved in a business dispute, we can help you understand the best ways to resolve these matters while protecting your rights and your financial interests. In some cases, we may be able to help you resolve disputes through mediation or arbitration, and we can also provide representation during court litigation and help you obtain restraining orders or injunctions that protect your business from harm.
Contact Our Addison Business Law Attorney
The manufacturing industry can be very complex, and businesses will need to ensure that they address legal issues correctly, including establishing contractual agreements and following regulations. Motiva Business Law can provide the legal help you need, and we will work closely with you to build a strategy for success. Contact our office or call us at 630-517-5529. We provide legal help to businesses in Oak Brook, Chicago, Burr Ridge, Elmhurst, Villa Park, Downers Grove, Willowbrook, Lombard, Hinsdale, and throughout DuPage County and Cook County.