Lawyer Assisting Restaurants, Retail Stores, and Other Businesses With Legal Issues in DuPage County and Cook County
Businesses in the service industry are an essential part of the economy, and they can offer exciting opportunities to connect directly with consumers and provide the goods and services they need. Owners of these businesses will need to obtain the proper licenses, lease space where the business will operate, and address a wide variety of other legal concerns. To ensure that all bases are covered when preparing a business plan and operating within the service industry, it is important to work with a knowledgeable business law attorney.
- Retail stores
- Professional service providers
Attorney Danya Shakfeh is a business owner herself, and she has more than 10 years of legal experience. With her help, you will be prepared to address the challenges your business may face, and you can build a strategy that will allow you to achieve your business goals.
Legal Help For Service Industry Businesses
Whether you are planning to start a new retail business, formally establish operations for a company providing professional services, open a new restaurant location, or need to handle other legal issues related to a company in the service industry, we can ensure that you meet your legal requirements. We can provide general counsel services, and we can help you address issues such as:
- Business formation – You will need to select the correct type of business entity, such as an LLC or corporation, to provide you and your partners with protection from liability and address taxation for the business’s profits and losses. We can ensure that you meet your requirements for structuring your business properly.
- Franchise law – Whether you will be offering franchising opportunities to others or operating a business as a franchisee, we can ensure that you follow the proper procedures. In addition to reviewing your Franchise Disclosure Document, we can assist in drafting and negotiating franchise agreements that will meet the needs of your business.
- Contracts – We can assist in negotiating, drafting, and reviewing contracts with vendors, suppliers, equipment manufacturers, clients, landlords, or other parties. We can also help you address contract breaches or other contractual disputes.
- Licenses and permits – Depending on the type of business, you may need to obtain a professional license, and you may also need to obtain food service permits, liquor licenses, or other local, state, or federal permits. We can help you understand the requirements you will need to meet and ensure that you remain in compliance with the regulations that apply to your business.
- Employment – In addition to creating employment contracts, employee handbooks, and company policies, you will need to be sure you are following the applicable wage and hour laws, including meeting requirements for minimum wage and overtime. We can help you understand your requirements and ensure you are following the applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Contact Our Hinsdale Service Industry Business Lawyer
Companies that operate in the service industry may need to address a variety of legal issues that may not apply to other businesses. At Motiva Business Law, we can provide legal help in these matters, and we will work with you to build a successful business strategy. To learn more about the legal services we provide, contact us today or call us at 630-517-5529. We work with business owners in Cook County and DuPage County, including Lombard, Oak Brook, Hinsdale, Chicago, Willowbrook, Burr Ridge, Downers Grove, Villa Park, and Elmhurst.